Tomato Apple Pork Roast Recipe
- 1 boneless whole pork loin roast (4 to 5 pounds)
- 3 medium apples, peeled and chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- Dash salt
- 1. Place the roast on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Add about 1 in. of water to the pan. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; press onto roast.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1-1/4 to 1-3/4 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 12 servings.
4 ounce-weight: 0 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein
Reviews for Tomato Apple Pork Roast
"I loved the taste. It was very good. The only change I made was to cook it in the slow cooker. Next time I make it I will not use any water. I cooked it on low for 4 1/2 hours and it turned out very moist and tender.."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.