Tomato Apple Pork Roast Recipe
- 1 boneless whole pork loin roast (4 to 5 pounds)
- 3 medium apples, peeled and chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- Dash salt
- 1. Place the roast on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Add about 1 in. of water to the pan. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; press onto roast.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1-1/4 to 1-3/4 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Tomato Apple Pork Roast
"I loved the taste. It was very good. The only change I made was to cook it in the slow cooker. Next time I make it I will not use any water. I cooked it on low for 4 1/2 hours and it turned out very moist and tender.."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.