Tomato Apple Pork Roast
THIS preparation is similar to a canning recipe I do every fall. The result is a very tender, moist, fall-off-your-fork roast. For a one-pot meal, add unpeeled new potatoes and baby carrots.
12 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Bake: 1-1/4 hours + standing
- 1 boneless whole Pork Loin roast (4 to 5 pounds)
Tender pork loin will be the star of your holiday table.
Learn More >
- 3 medium apples, peeled and chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- Dash salt
- Place the roast on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Add about 1 in.
- of water to the pan. In a small bowl, combine the remaining
- ingredients; press onto roast.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1-1/4 to 1-3/4 hours or until a meat
- thermometer reads 160°. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Yield: 12 servings.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.