Tomato and Onion Salmon Recipe
- 4 salmon fillets (5 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 medium tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1. Place salmon in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Drizzle with oil; sprinkle with dill and pepper. Top with tomatoes; set aside.
- 2. In a small skillet coated with cooking spray, saute onion and garlic. Add the broth, lemon juice and parsley. Bring to a boil; cook for 2-3 minutes or until most of the liquid has evaporated.
- 3. Spoon over salmon. Cover and bake at 350° for 13-18 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 318 calories, 18g fat (3g saturated fat), 84mg cholesterol, 171mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 30g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 0 starch, 4 lean meat, 1 fat.
Reviews for Tomato and Onion Salmon
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.