Tomato and Onion Salmon
Tomatoes, onions and lemon juice make this moist, flaky salmon something special. "My husband, Frank, and I really like salmon cooked this way," writes Lillian Denchick of Olmstedville, New York. "A salad and dinner rolls usually round out our menu."
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 salmon fillets (5 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 medium tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Place salmon in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking
- spray. Drizzle with oil; sprinkle with dill and pepper. Top with
- tomatoes; set aside.
- In a small skillet coated with cooking spray, saute onion and garlic.
- Add the broth, lemon juice and parsley. Bring to a boil; cook for
- 2-3 minutes or until most of the liquid has evaporated.
- Spoon over salmon. Cover and bake at 350° for 13-18 minutes or
- until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 318 calories, 18 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 84 mg cholesterol, 171 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber,