Tomato and Green Pepper Omelet Recipe
Fresh green pepper, onion and tomato give this savory omelet garden-fresh flavors. You can easily vary it based on the fresh ingredients you have on hand. —Agnes Ward, Stratford, Ontario
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 20 min YIELD:1 servings
- 1/3 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped tomato
- 1. In a small nonstick skillet, saute green pepper and onion in oil until tender. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- 2. In the same skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Whisk the eggs, water, salt and pepper. Add egg mixture to skillet (mixture should set immediately at edges).
- 3. As eggs set, push cooked edges toward the center, letting uncooked portion flow underneath. When the eggs are set, spoon green pepper mixture and tomato on one side; fold other side over filling. Slide omelet onto a plate. Yield: 1 serving.
1 omelet equals 424 calories, 35 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 665 mg cholesterol, 591 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 20 g protein.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC