Tomato and Cheese Strata Recipe
This is a great make-ahead dish for supper or brunch. It’s delicious! People who try it always ask for the recipe.
- 10 slices white bread
- 4 medium tomatoes, sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1. Line a greased 8-in. square baking dish with four bread slices. Layer with half of the tomatoes, cheese and onions. Top with remaining bread (slices will overlap). Layer with remaining tomatoes, cheese and onions.
- 2. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, milk and salt. Pour over the top. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 3. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Reviews for Tomato and Cheese Strata
Reviewed Jan. 20, 2013
"Very mushy, watery, didnt turn out how expected!"
Reviewed Jan. 11, 2010
"Didn't turn out worthwhile"
Reviewed Sep. 9, 2009
"This sounded good but turned out very watery and mushy. If I made again, would use less water and less tomatoes."
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC