Tomato and Avocado Salad Recipe
Here's a cool alternative to guacamole. The slightly tart dressing showcases the garden-fresh flavors of ruby-red tomatoes and ripe avocados. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled and sliced
- Lettuce leaves, optional
- 1. In a small bowl, whisk the oil, cilantro, lime juice, garlic salt, oregano and cumin. Arrange tomatoes and avocados on lettuce if desired. Drizzle with dressing. Yield: 4 servings.
3/4 cup equals 232 calories, 22 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 244 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC