Tomato and Avocado Salad
Here's a cool alternative to guacamole. The slightly tart dressing showcases the garden-fresh flavors of ruby-red tomatoes and ripe avocados. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled and sliced
- Lettuce leaves, optional
- In a small bowl, whisk the oil, cilantro, lime juice, garlic salt,
- oregano and cumin. Arrange tomatoes and avocados on lettuce if
- desired. Drizzle with dressing. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 232 calories, 22 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 244 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Wine: Sparkling Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.