Tomato and Avocado Salad Recipe
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled and sliced
- Lettuce leaves, optional
- 1. In a small bowl, whisk the oil, cilantro, lime juice, garlic salt, oregano and cumin. Arrange tomatoes and avocados on lettuce if desired. Drizzle with dressing. Yield: 4 servings.
3/4 cup: 232 calories, 22g fat (3g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 244mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 5g fiber), 3g protein .
Reviews for Tomato and Avocado Salad
"Great light side. But like all dishes with avocado, best to make exactly enough as you need as leftovers don't hold up well."
"I love avocado and the dressing on this is great."
"The flavors are awesome!! Even my five children ages 16-9 loved this!! Will make over and over and over again!!! Thanks. It is great to have a way to use my fresh tomatoes. YUM!"
"I love this salad..it is especially good when served with chicken tacos-like the ones in the picture."