Here's a cool alternative to guacamole. The slightly tart dressing showcases the garden-fresh flavors of ruby-red tomatoes and ripe avocados. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled and sliced
- Lettuce leaves, optional
- In a small bowl, whisk the oil, cilantro, lime juice, garlic salt, oregano and cumin. Arrange tomatoes and avocados on lettuce if desired. Drizzle with dressing. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Tomato Avocado Salad in Taste of Home Meals in Minutes Calendar Annual 2002, p7
Reviews for Tomato and Avocado Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review