Tomato and Asparagus Salad Recipe
I created this recipe years ago. I wanted to serve a cold dish in place of a hot vegetable at a dinner we were having. I've found most everyone likes asparagus prepared this way.
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 8 to 16 lettuce leaves
- 2 to 3 large tomatoes, sliced
- 1 ripe avocado, sliced
- 1/2 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup fat-free sour cream
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon ketchup
- Pepper to taste
- 1. Combine the water and onion powder; bring to a boil. Add the asparagus and cook 3-5 minutes or until asparagus is crisp-tender and bright green. Drain; cool to room temperature.
- 2. Place 1-2 lettuce leaves per serving on a large platter or individual salad plates. Halve the tomato slices and arrange over lettuce. Top tomatoes with spears of asparagus and slices of avocado if desired. Combine dressing ingredients; top each salad serving with a generous dollop. Yield: 8 servings.
1 cup: 96 calories, 4g fat (0 saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 134mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 vegetable, 1 fat.
Reviews for Tomato and Asparagus Salad
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC