Unable to decide between topping pasta with tomato or Alfredo sauce, I combine them into one.—Darlene Brenden, Salem, Oregon
- 8 ounces uncooked ziti or small tube pasta
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil or 1-1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, bring the tomatoes to a boil. Cook until most of the liquid is evaporated, about 5 minutes. Reduce heat.
- Stir in the cream and basil; heat through (do not boil). Drain pasta. Add pasta and Parmesan cheese to sauce; toss to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Tomato Alfredo Pasta in Country Woman September/October 2004, p35
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Tomato Alfredo Pasta
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review