- 8 ounces uncooked ziti or small tube pasta
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil or 1-1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, bring the tomatoes to a boil. Cook until most of the liquid is evaporated, about 5 minutes. Reduce heat.
- Stir in the cream and basil; heat through (do not boil). Drain pasta. Add pasta and Parmesan cheese to sauce; toss to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Tomato Alfredo Pasta(4)
Sort By :
I made this for dinner the other night. It was too heavy for me but did have good flavor. I did add some Italian seasoning, dehydrated onion, and garlic to the recipe to enhance the flavor as some of the other reviewers suggested below. When I make it again I might try with skim milk or fat free half and half.
This recipe has some great base components but could be improved on if you added your own spices to really enhance the flavor. The way I made it, you could feed 3 people.
What i changed:
Used tri-color rotini (about 12 oz)
1 can of fire-roasted tomatoes (which took a bit longer than 5 mins to boil off the water)
1 cup whipping cream
1/2 cup Parmesan
1/2 red onion
2 tsp dried basil
2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp salt
pepper to taste
1.5 tbsp flour to thicken slightly at the end
The only difference in the way to cook this would be to saute the onions until they are translucent. Add your canned tomatoes and spices into the same pan. I also added the whipping cream and the Parmesan once most of the water was boiled off and after about 4 minutes I mixed in the flour.
My mom and I ate this entire portion and it tasted GREAT! Perfect amount of tomato taste to the original taste of Alfredo and it really packed lots of flavor. I'm definitely gonna make this again.
My boyfriend and I just made this together. We sauteed some sliced mushrooms and garlic in butter and added them to the sauce. It was absolutely delicious, and quite easy to make!
This recipe was so quick and delicious. My husband walked in to the kitchen to find out what smelt so good while it was cooking.
More Recipe Collections
- Cheese Recipes >
- Country Woman Dinner Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Country Woman Vegetarian Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Easy Main Dish Recipes >
- Easy Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Italian Vegetarian Recipes >
- Pasta & Sauces >
- Pasta Dinners >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >