- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage, cooked and crumbled
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil or 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 cups cubed French bread
- 6 large eggs
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°, In a large bowl, combine first eight ingredients. Stir in bread. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish.
- In the same bowl, whisk eggs, cream, salt and pepper; pour over bread mixture. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake 45-50 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 12 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Tomato, Sausage & Cheddar Bread Pudding
Sort By :
"Delicious! The only things I did different were not to use the green onions (we don't care for them) and then use part heavy cream and part milk because I was using up some leftover cream I had"
"Excellent! We love it. 4 of us ate the whole pan in one setting!"
"Made this for my family as well as a church event, substituting the cream for fat-free half and half and everyone loved it!"
"This has a perfect mixture of flavors. The first time I made it, immediatly after I took my first bite, I knew I would be making it again. It is one of my favorite recipes :)"
"Tasty, but too Paula Deanish for our family."