Tomato 'n' Red Onion Salad
Ruby red tomatoes and pretty sliced onions in a tangy lime vinaigrette offer a nice change of pace from typical tossed green salads.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 5 medium tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 4 slices red onion, separated into rings
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- Place tomatoes and onions in a shallow serving bowl. In a jar with a
- tight-fitting lid, combine the lime juice, oil, sugar, salt and
- cilantro; shake well. Pour over salad and toss gently to coat.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 109 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 165 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.