- 2-1/2 cups water
- 2 cups whole milk
- 3 tablespoons chicken broth
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 cup uncooked arborio rice
- 1-1/3 cups fresh corn (about 5 ears of corn)
- 1 medium tomato, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Pepper to taste
- In a large saucepan, heat the water, milk and broth; keep warm.
- In a large skillet, saute onion in butter until tender.
- Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add rice; cook and stir for 2-3 minutes. Stir in 1 cup hot water mixture. Cook and stir until all liquid is absorbed.
- Add remaining water mixture, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring constantly. Allow the liquid to absorb between additions. Cook until risotto is creamy and rice is almost tender. (Cooking time is about 20 minutes.) Stir in the remaining ingredients; heat through. Yield: 5 servings.
Reviews for Tomato 'n' Corn Risotto
"This risotto is amazing! I served it with the Bacon Wrapped Seafood Skewers in the same issue and steamed green beans. Also, I got more than enough corn out of just 3 ears."
"A family summer time favorite"
"First time making risotto and I was surprised and happy that it was very easy to make! I only gave it 4 stars because I did add less Basil and left out the tomatoes ( just my preference) and I substituted the water for chicken broth and did 2 cups of milk and 1/2 cup of whipping cream."
"Delicious! I used Olathe sweet corn, the crisp corn & basil were a perfect combination."
"I think this is basically a good recipe, however, in the future I will replace the water with chicken broth and reduce the basil a little. I think that the broth will add to the flavor which we found to be a little bland and my husband doesn't like a strong basil taste. It is creamy and it was nice to use our home-grown tomatoes and basil. I did use frozen corn as fresh wasn't available."
"This is delicious!! We usually eat it as a main dish for a light summer meal."
"Amazing flavors! Delicious and creamy!"