Tomato 'n' Corn Risotto Recipe
- 2-1/2 cups water
- 2 cups whole milk
- 3 tablespoons chicken broth
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 cup uncooked arborio rice
- 1-1/3 cups fresh corn (about 5 ears of corn)
- 1 medium tomato, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Pepper to taste
- In a large saucepan, heat the water, milk and broth; keep warm.
- In a large skillet, saute onion in butter until tender.
- Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add rice; cook and stir for 2-3 minutes. Stir in 1 cup hot water mixture. Cook and stir until all liquid is absorbed.
- Add remaining water mixture, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring constantly. Allow the liquid to absorb between additions. Cook until risotto is creamy and rice is almost tender.(Cooking time is about 20 minutes.) Stir in the remaining ingredients; heat through. Yield: 5 servings.
Reviews for Tomato 'n' Corn Risotto(6)
Sort By :
A family summer time favorite
First time making risotto and I was surprised and happy that it was very easy to make! I only gave it 4 stars because I did add less Basil and left out the tomatoes ( just my preference) and I substituted the water for chicken broth and did 2 cups of milk and 1/2 cup of whipping cream.
Delicious! I used Olathe sweet corn, the crisp corn & basil were a perfect combination.
I think this is basically a good recipe, however, in the future I will replace the water with chicken broth and reduce the basil a little. I think that the broth will add to the flavor which we found to be a little bland and my husband doesn't like a strong basil taste. It is creamy and it was nice to use our home-grown tomatoes and basil. I did use frozen corn as fresh wasn't available.
This is delicious!! We usually eat it as a main dish for a light summer meal.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Side Dishes >
- Corn Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Side Dishes >
- Rice Recipes >
- Rice Side Dish Recipes >
- Rice Side Dishes >
- Side Dish Recipes >
- Super Bowl Party Recipes >
- Super Bowl Party Side Dishes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >