- 1-1/8 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped ripe olives
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sun-dried tomato pesto
- 1 tablespoon egg white
- 2-1/4 teaspoons sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 to 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- In a small bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add the cheese, olives, oil, pesto, egg white, sugar, salt and 3/4 cup flour. Beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a bowl coated with cooking spray, turning once to coat the top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down; shape into a loaf. Place in a 5-3/4-in. x 3-in. x 2-in. loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 20 minutes.
- Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pan to a wire rack to cool. Yield: 1 mini loaf (6 slices).
Originally published as Tomato & Olive Bread in Cooking for 2 Winter 2009, p33
Reviews for Tomato & Olive Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Baking Recipes >
- Bread Baking >
- Bread Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cooking For Two Magazine >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Italian Bread Recipes >
- Italian Recipes >
- Italian Vegetarian Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Sodium Recipes >
- Sun Dried Tomato Recipes >
- Vegetarian Bread Recipes >