It’s hard to believe that tossing a few pantry ingredients with summer’s fresh best can yield such a lovely salad. Pair it with grilled lemon chicken for a light lunch. —Sonya Labbe, West Hollywood, California
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked couscous
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a small saucepan, bring water to a boil. Stir in couscous. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand for 5-10 minutes or until water is absorbed. Fluff with a fork; cool.
- In a large bowl, combine the couscous, tomatoes and basil. In a small bowl, whisk the oil, vinegar, salt and pepper. Pour over salad; toss to coat. Refrigerate until chilled. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Tomato & Basil Couscous Salad in Simple & Delicious June/July 2012, p33
Reviews for Tomato & Basil Couscous Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 30, 2015
"I liked it but my husband and in-laws weren't too keen on the dish. Oh well. More for me!"
Reviewed Jul. 26, 2015
"Nice, light side, easy to assemble. If you want your dish to look like picture, use white balsamic vinegar."