Tomato & Bacon Brunch Roulade Recipe
I've served this not only for breakfast and brunch, but even for dinner. If you like use crispy prosciutto for the bacon.—Beth Klosterboer, Miamisburg, Ohio
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 25 min. Bake: 10 min. YIELD:5 servings
- 4 eggs
- 6 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 carton (8 ounces) spreadable sun-dried tomato and basil cream cheese
- 1/4 cup finely chopped oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1. Line a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan with parchment paper; grease the paper and set aside.
- 2. Place the eggs, egg whites, Parmesan cheese, cream, salt and pepper in a blender; cover and process until frothy. Pour into prepared pan. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until set.
- 3. Remove omelet from oven. Run a knife around edges to loosen; invert onto a kitchen towel. Gently peel off parchment paper.
- 4. Spread cream cheese over omelet to within 1 in. of edges. Sprinkle with tomatoes and bacon. Roll up, jelly-roll style, from a long side. Return to baking pan, seam side down.
- 5. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until heated through. Cut into slices with a serrated knife. Yield: 5 servings.
1 slice equals 294 calories, 24 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 238 mg cholesterol, 758 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 15 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC