Tomatillo Salsa Recipe
- 8 tomatillos, husks removed
- 1 medium tomato, quartered
- 1 small onion, cut into chunks
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro leaves
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Tortilla chips
- 1. In a large saucepan, bring 4 cups water to a boil. Add tomatillos. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Drain.
- 2. Place the tomatillos, tomato, onion, jalapeno, cilantro, garlic, lime juice and seasonings in a food processor. Cover and process until blended. Serve with chips. Yield: 2-1/4 cups.
1/4 cup (calculated without chips) equals 19 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 133 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: Free food.
Reviews for Tomatillo Salsa
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.