“Dare to deviate from tomato salsa and try this tomatillo-based version for a deliciously addictive change of pace. It’s fantastic on its own with tortilla chips or served as a condiment alongside a variety of meats." —Lori Kostecki, Wausau, Wisconsin
- 8 tomatillos, husks removed
- 1 medium tomato, quartered
- 1 small onion, cut into chunks
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro leaves
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Tortilla chips
- In a large saucepan, bring 4 cups water to a boil. Add tomatillos. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Drain.
- Place the tomatillos, tomato, onion, jalapeno, cilantro, garlic, lime juice and seasonings in a food processor. Cover and process until blended. Serve with chips. Yield: 2-1/4 cups.
Originally published as Tomatillo Salsa in Simple & Delicious June/July 2011, p44
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Tomatillo Salsa
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review