Tomatillo Salsa Recipe
- 8 tomatillos, husks removed
- 1 medium tomato, quartered
- 1 small onion, cut into chunks
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro leaves
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Tortilla chips
- In a large saucepan, bring 4 cups water to a boil. Add tomatillos. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Drain.
- Place the tomatillos, tomato, onion, jalapeno, cilantro, garlic, lime juice and seasonings in a food processor. Cover and process until blended. Serve with chips. Yield: 2-1/4 cups.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Tomatillo Salsa
Sort By :
"I didn't have any ripe tomatoes or jalapenos so, I added a can of tomatoes with green chilis (drained). I also added a little extra garlic. It is delicious & I'm sure it will taste even better tomorrow after the flavors have more time to combine! Next time I will add more tomatillos."
"Awesome homemade taste! Husband and kids love it mild or hot! I use 2 plum tomatoes and a few extra tomatillos."
"I have been making this recipe for several years.A Latino friend gave me this recipe. The only thing I do different is I grill all the veggies and use 2 tomatoes. All my family and friends ask for this at all our gatherings.Very,Very good."
"I made this recipe several times this summer and have eaten it fresh and put some in the freezer for future use. I just found some tomatilloes at the farmers market and plan to make more so I will have it throughout the winter. It is very easy to make. Lori, I think the cooking of the tomatilloes just softens them a bit. It still tastes like a fresh salsa because of the other ingredients."
"I made it with canned hot green chile peppers instead of jalapenos."