Tom Turkeys Recipe
With a little prep work by Mom or Dad, these make a great before-or after-dinner craft project for the kids to enjoy while adults at the feast converse. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 package (11 ounces) candy corn
- 52 fudge-striped cookies
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 6 cups crisp rice cereal
- 52 white confetti sprinkles
- 1. In a microwave, melt chocolate chips; stir until smooth. For tails, use a dab of chocolate to attach five candy corns to the chocolate side of half of the cookies in a fan shape; refrigerate until set.
- 2. In a large saucepan, melt butter. Add marshmallows; stir over low heat until melted. Stir in cereal. Cool for 10 minutes. With buttered hands, form cereal mixture into 1-1/2-in. balls.
- 3. Remelt chocolate if necessary. Using chocolate, attach the cereal balls to the chocolate side of the remaining cookies. Position tails perpendicular to the base cookies; attach with chocolate. Refrigerate until set.
- 4. For feet, cut off white tips from 52 candy corns; discard tips. Attach feet to base cookies with chocolate. Attach one candy corn to each cereal ball for heads.
- 5. With a toothpick dipped in chocolate, attach two confetti sprinkles to each head. Using chocolate, dot each sprinkle to make pupils. Let stand until set. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 26 turkeys.
Reviews for Tom Turkeys
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC