With a little prep work by Mom or Dad, these make a great before-or after-dinner craft project for the kids to enjoy while adults at the feast converse.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
26 ServingsPrep:30 min. Cook: 5 min. + cooling
- 1 package (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 package (11 ounces) candy corn
- 52 fudge-striped cookies
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 6 cups crisp rice cereal
- 52 white confetti sprinkles
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips; stir until smooth. For tails,
- use a dab of chocolate to attach five candy corns to the chocolate
- side of half of the cookies in a fan shape; refrigerate until set.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter. Add marshmallows; stir over low
- heat until melted. Stir in cereal. Cool for 10 minutes. With
- buttered hands, form cereal mixture into 1-1/2-in. balls.
- Remelt chocolate if necessary. Using chocolate, attach the cereal
- balls to the chocolate side of the remaining cookies. Position tails
- perpendicular to the base cookies; attach with chocolate.
- Refrigerate until set.
- For feet, cut off white tips from 52 candy corns; discard tips.
- Attach feet to base cookies with chocolate. Attach one candy corn to
- each cereal ball for heads.
- With a toothpick dipped in chocolate, attach two confetti sprinkles