An appealing blend of textures and flavors makes every bite of this meatless option a winner. And if your kids are among the many trying out vegetarianism, you might just be glad to have this trick up your sleeve.—Lisa Bennett, Riley, Oregon
- 1/2 cup cream cheese, softened
- 8 slices whole wheat bread
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 large tomato, thinly sliced
- 8 slices red onion
- 1 cup alfalfa sprouts
- Spread four slices bread with cream cheese. Layer with avocado, tomato, onion and sprouts. Top with remaining bread. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Tom & Ava Sandwiches in Taste of Home August/September 2011, p50
Reviews for Tom & Ava Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review