Tom & Ava Sandwiches
An appealing blend of textures and flavors makes every bite of this meatless option a winner. And if your kids are among the many trying out vegetarianism, you might just be glad to have this trick up your sleeve.Lisa Bennett, Riley, Oregon
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/2 cup cream cheese, softened
- 8 slices whole wheat bread
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 large tomato, thinly sliced
- 8 slices red onion
- 1 cup alfalfa sprouts
- Spread four slices bread with cream cheese. Layer with avocado,
- tomato, onion and sprouts. Top with remaining bread. Yield: 4
Nutritional Facts: 1 sandwich equals 329 calories, 19 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 32 mg cholesterol, 357 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 8 g fiber, 11 g protein.