Tofu-Stuffed Pasta Shells Recipe
- 15 uncooked jumbo pasta shells
- 1-1/2 cups silken firm tofu
- 3 tablespoons grated Romano cheese, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup dry red wine or vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1. Cook pasta shells according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a blender, combine the tofu, 2 tablespoons Romano cheese and garlic; cover and process until smooth. (Add 1 tablespoon water if mixture is too thick.) Add spinach; process until blended. Drain shells; stuff with tofu mixture.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the tomatoes, tomato sauce and wine. Spread about 1/2 cup sauce in an 11x7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Arrange stuffed shells over sauce. Top with remaining sauce.
- 3. Cover and bake at 350° for 25 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with mozzarella and remaining Romano cheese. Bake 8-10 minutes longer or until shells are heated through and cheese is melted. Yield: 5 servings.
3 stuffed shells equals 262 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 754 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 14 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 vegetable, 1-1/2 starch, 1 lean meat.
Reviews for Tofu-Stuffed Pasta Shells
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.