Tofu-Stuffed Pasta Shells Recipe
- 15 uncooked jumbo pasta shells
- 1-1/2 cups silken firm tofu
- 3 tablespoons grated Romano cheese, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup dry red wine or vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Cook pasta shells according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a blender, combine the tofu, 2 tablespoons Romano cheese and garlic; cover and process until smooth. (Add 1 tablespoon of water if mixture is too thick.) Add spinach; process until blended. Drain shells; stuff with tofu mixture.
- In a small bowl, combine the tomatoes, tomato sauce and wine. Spread about 1/2 cup sauce in an 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Arrange stuffed shells over sauce. Top with remaining sauce.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 25 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with mozzarella and remaining Romano cheese. Bake 8-10 minutes longer or until shells are heated through and cheese is melted. Yield: 5 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Tofu-Stuffed Pasta Shells
Sort By :
These were delicious, but I omitted the cheese because I'm trying to eat healthier. I still loved them. Nice and creamy filling and saucy tomatoes and pasta made this heavenly
I'm a seasoned cook and not a picky eater, but this was not only tasteless but but a green pile of mush. Don't waste your time with this.
This was my family's first adventure with tofu. We found the sauce a little lacking and next time would use a canned sauce rather than the diced tomatoes and sauce. It lacked a little flavor but that was fixed with a little Italian seasoning added. Great way to enjoy stuffed shells if you are lactose intolerant (just leave out the cheese)!
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Pasta >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Vegetarian Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Italian Vegetarian Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Pasta & Sauces >