- 9 lasagna noodles
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 package (14 ounces) firm tofu
- 1 carton (15 ounces) part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1-3/4 cups marinara or meatless spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, saute onion and garlic in oil for 1 minute. Add mushrooms; saute until tender. Set aside.
- Drain tofu, reserving 2 tablespoons liquid. Place tofu and reserved liquid in a food processor; cover and process until blended. Add ricotta cheese; cover and process for 1-2 minutes or until smooth. Transfer to a large bowl; stir in the parsley, 1/2 teaspoon salt and mushroom mixture. Combine spinach and remaining salt; set aside.
- Drain noodles. Spread half of the marinara sauce into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Layer with three noodles, half of the tofu mixture and half of the spinach mixture. Repeat layers of noodles, tofu and spinach. Top with remaining noodles and marinara sauce. Sprinkle with cheeses.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 12 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Tofu Spinach Lasagna
Sort By :
"Really good. Me and my husband enjoyed it a lot. Spiced it up a little."
"My son calls this one "Plate Lickin' Good!" P.S. He doesn't like Tofu at all."
"This was a good meatless lasagna. I liked that there was tofu in it and my children couldn't tell. I did add more garlic and crushed red peppers in it to spice it up a little."
"Delicious, however, I WOULD us Portabella mushrooms and be sure the marinera sauce is spicy for the zip."
"We love to find meatless recipes that are easy and delicous because it saves on our budget. This was great!"