Tofu Manicotti Recipe
- 2 cups meatless spaghetti sauce
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/3 cup finely shredded zucchini
- 1/4 cup finely shredded carrot
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 package (12.3 ounces) silken firm tofu
- 1 cup (8 ounces) 1% cottage cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 10 uncooked manicotti shells
- 1. Combine the spaghetti sauce, tomatoes, zucchini, carrot and Italian seasoning; spread 3/4 cup into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- 2. Combine the tofu and cheeses; stuff into uncooked manicotti shells. Place over spaghetti sauce; top with remaining sauce.
- 3. Cover and bake at 375° for 50-55 minutes or until noodles are tender. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 5 servings.
2 stuffed manicotti shells equals 319 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 885 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 23 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 starch, 2 lean meat.
Reviews for Tofu Manicotti
"This is a great recipe! I had never tried tofu before, but I will definitely have it again. I would add a little garlic and basil to the cheese mixture, but other than that, I wouldn't change a thing! It was great!"
"My family all loved this recipe!"
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.