To create a light main course, I borrowed bits from different recipes, including my mom's lasagna. No one suspects that the creamy filling is made with tofu. It's easy to prepare, and my toddlers love it. —Carolyn Diana of Scottsdale, Arizona
- 2 cups meatless spaghetti sauce
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/3 cup finely shredded zucchini
- 1/4 cup finely shredded carrot
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 package (12.3 ounces) silken firm tofu
- 1 cup (8 ounces) 1% cottage cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 10 uncooked manicotti shells
- Combine the spaghetti sauce, tomatoes, zucchini, carrot and Italian seasoning; spread 3/4 cup into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Combine the tofu and cheeses; stuff into uncooked manicotti shells. Place over spaghetti sauce; top with remaining sauce.
- Cover and bake at 375° for 50-55 minutes or until noodles are tender. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Tofu Manicotti in Light & Tasty February/March 2006, p35
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Tofu Manicotti
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review