Tofu Chocolate Pie
No one will guess the secret ingredient in this amazingly rich and creamy pie. In fact, you don’t even have to tell them it’s tofu until after they’ve finished the very last crumb.—Juliana Thetford, Ellwood City, Pennsylvania
10 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 15 min. + cooling
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 2 packages (12.3 ounces each) silken firm tofu
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Almond Extract
- 2-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips, melted
- Whipped cream and sliced fresh strawberries, optional
- Roll out pastry to fit a 9-in. pie plate. Transfer pastry to pie
- plate. Trim pastry to 1/2 in. beyond edge of plate; flute edges.
- Line unpricked pastry with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil.
- Fill with dried beans, uncooked rice or pie weights.
- Bake at 450° for 8 minutes. Remove foil and weights; bake 5-7
- minutes longer or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a blender or food processor, combine the tofu, honey and extracts.
- Cover and process until smooth. Add melted chocolate; cover and
- process until blended.
- Transfer to pie shell. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Garnish with whipped cream and strawberries if desired. Yield: 10
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white