- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 2 packages (12.3 ounces each) silken firm tofu
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips, melted
- Whipped cream and sliced fresh strawberries, optional
- Roll out pastry to fit a 9-in. pie plate. Transfer pastry to pie plate. Trim pastry to 1/2 in. beyond edge of plate; flute edges. Line unpricked pastry with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Fill with dried beans, uncooked rice or pie weights.
- Bake at 450° for 8 minutes. Remove foil and weights; bake 5-7 minutes longer or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a blender or food processor, combine the tofu, honey and extracts. Cover and process until smooth. Add melted chocolate; cover and process until blended.
- Transfer to pie shell. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Garnish with whipped cream and strawberries if desired. Yield: 10 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Tofu Chocolate Pie
"Yes Cath Thong, you line the unbaked pie crust with foil and add dried beans, uncooked rice or pie weights so that when you bake it the crust doesn't shrink.Sue StetzelTaste of Home Magazine"
"Fill with dried beans, uncooked rice or pie weights. I'm sorry I need to clarify. You mean after the pastry is place on a pie plate, we fill the bottom of the pastry with dried beans, uncooked rice?"
"Is this recipe vegan ? I need a vegan dessert for a family party."
"Per Serving: 412 cal 52 carb 22 fat 7 protein 127 sodium 39 sugar by my calculations."
"I would love to see the nutritional value on the pie!!"
"Can't wait to try."
"Incredible. Even my husband liked it!"