- 1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking cocoa
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate, melted and cooled
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup milk chocolate English toffee bits
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/2 cup milk chocolate English toffee bits, divided
- Preheat oven to 325°. In a small bowl, mix cracker crumbs, sugar and cocoa; stir in butter. Press onto bottom of a greased 9-in. springform pan.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in cooled chocolate, flour and vanilla. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until blended. Fold in toffee bits. Pour over crust. Place pan on a baking sheet.
- Bake 45-50 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack 10 minutes. Loosen sides from pan with a knife. Cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight, covering when completely cooled.
- For sauce, melt butter in a small saucepan. Stir in brown sugar and corn syrup; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium; cook and stir until sugar is completely dissolved, about 2 minutes. Stir in cream; return to a boil. Remove from heat; stir in 2 tablespoons toffee bits.
- Remove rim from springform pan. Sprinkle remaining toffee bits over top. Serve with warm sauce. Yield: 12 servings (3/4 cup sauce).
Reviews for Toffee Truffle Cheesecake
Sort By :
"Made this for a potluck and got rave reviews. Delicious!"
"Delicious! As a big fan of toffee this cheesecake hit the spot. Very rich and decadent!"
"I prepared this recipe for the first time 3/23/14. It worked out great! I did adjust the recipe!Used for Crust: 1/4 cup sugar, 1-1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs, 1 Tbsp. cocoa and 1/3 cup butter melted. For Filling: I melted 1 cup of milk chocolate Make & Mold Candy disks. I crushed enough milk chocolate Heath Toffee Bars-a total of 1-3/4 cups bits! I made the Sauce for this cheesecake ahead of time. I used 1/4 cup evaporated milk instead of whipping cream.I kept butter, corn syrup, brown sugar as is. I'd crushed enough Heath Toffee Bars and used 2 Tbsp. for the actual sauce, 1 cup for cheesecake and 1/2 cup for topping. What I did do was sprinkle about 1/2 cup bits over cheesecake, then I spread with about 1/2 of the sauce, then 1/2 cup more bits, then balance of sauce and rest of the toffee bar bits! I covered the cheesecake and chilled overnight. I ran a knife around to loosen the cheesecake before I refrigerated the cheesecake. Once the cheesecake had reached its refrigerated peak, I eased the cheesecake out of the springform pan. The cake looks lovely and I will be sharing it with my colleagues at the hospital! Thank you for sharing this recipe! delowenstein"