I combined two of my favorite cheesecake recipes and added the delicious homemade caramel sauce for a cheesecake that's now my favorite! —Hannah Halstead, Blair, Nebraska
- 1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking cocoa
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate, melted and cooled
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup milk chocolate English toffee bits
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/2 cup milk chocolate English toffee bits, divided
- Preheat oven to 325°. In a small bowl, mix cracker crumbs, sugar and cocoa; stir in butter. Press onto bottom of a greased 9-in. springform pan.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in cooled chocolate, flour and vanilla. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until blended. Fold in toffee bits. Pour over crust. Place pan on a baking sheet.
- Bake 45-50 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack 10 minutes. Loosen sides from pan with a knife. Cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight, covering when completely cooled.
- For sauce, melt butter in a small saucepan. Stir in brown sugar and corn syrup; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium; cook and stir until sugar is completely dissolved, about 2 minutes. Stir in cream; return to a boil. Remove from heat; stir in 2 tablespoons toffee bits.
- Remove rim from springform pan. Sprinkle remaining toffee bits over top. Serve with warm sauce. Yield: 12 servings (3/4 cup sauce).
Originally published as Toffee Truffle Cheesecake in Taste of Home April/May 2014
Reviews for Toffee Truffle Cheesecake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review