Add a touch of elegance to cookie trays with these easy nutty bars. They’re perfect with coffee, cocoa or tea. —Jeanette Meidal, Savage, Minnesota
60 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min. + cooling
- 2 cups Quick Cookie Mix
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup mixed nuts, chopped
- In a large bowl, beat the cookie mix, brown sugar, butter and vanilla
- until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add egg and mix well.
- Spread into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for
- 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Sprinkle with chocolate chips; let stand for 5 minutes. Spread
- chocolate over bars. Sprinkle with nuts. Let stand until chocolate
- is set. Cut into squares, then cut in half to form triangles. Store
- in an airtight container. Yield: 5 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 bar equals 66 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 9 mg cholesterol, 59 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.