Add a touch of elegance to cookie trays with these easy nutty bars. They’re perfect with coffee, cocoa or tea. —Jeanette Meidal, Savage, Minnesota
- 2 cups Quick Cookie Mix
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup mixed nuts, chopped
- In a large bowl, beat the cookie mix, brown sugar, butter and vanilla until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add egg and mix well.
- Spread into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Sprinkle with chocolate chips; let stand for 5 minutes. Spread chocolate over bars. Sprinkle with nuts. Let stand until chocolate is set. Cut into squares, then cut in half to form triangles. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 5 dozen.
Originally published as Toffee Triangles in Simple & Delicious December/January 2011, p85
Reviews for Toffee Triangles
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review