Toffee Snowman Cookies Recipe
My family loves toffee so I'm always trying to find new ways to bake with it. These cookies are so easy to make and are wonderful for a Christmas cookie exchange. Chilling the dough before baking and paying attention to the baking time are essential so they don't turn too brown.—Christine Merten, Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-2/3 cups confectioners' sugar, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (6 ounces) miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup brickle toffee bits
- 2/3 cup finely chopped pecans, toasted
- Green, orange and red confetti sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter, 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar and salt until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla. Gradually beat in flour. Stir in chocolate chips, toffee bits and pecans. Refrigerate, covered, 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- Shape dough into 1-in. balls; place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake 12-15 minutes or until set. Cool on pans 2 minutes. Remove to wire racks. Roll warm cookies in remaining confectioners' sugar. Cool completely on wire racks.
- Reroll cookies in confectioners' sugar. Decorate using green sprinkles for snowman eyes, orange sprinkles for nose, and red sprinkles for mouth. Yield: about 5 dozen.
Originally published as Toffee Snowman Cookies in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2014
Reviews for Toffee Snowman Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review