Toffee Sandwich Cookies Recipe
My brother's quest to find a filled toffee cookie inspired me to spend hours in the kitchen coming up with a winning combination. Of the 14 kinds of cookies I bake each Christmas, these are the first to disappear.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup English toffee bits or almond brickle chips
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 to 5 tablespoons half-and-half cream or milk
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in toffee bits (dough will be stiff).
- 2. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes or until firm (do not brown).
- 3. In a small bowl, beat the butter, sugar, vanilla and enough cream to achieve spreading consistency. Spread on the bottom of half of the cookies; top with remaining cookies. Yield: 4 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 351 calories, 17 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 246 mg sodium, 49 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Toffee Sandwich Cookies
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC