Toffee Sandwich Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup English toffee bits or almond brickle chips
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 to 5 tablespoons half-and-half cream or milk
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in toffee bits (dough will be stiff).
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes or until firm (do not brown).
- In a small bowl, beat the butter, sugar, vanilla and enough cream to achieve spreading consistency. Spread on the bottom of half of the cookies; top with remaining cookies. Yield: 4 dozen.
Reviews for Toffee Sandwich Cookies(1)
Sort By :
These Toffee Sandwich Cookies are a nice salute to homemade cookies. No one will reject the sandwich style cookie. The filling will appeal to traditionalists. Some times a flat, uniced cookie will stipulate just what is a favorite to some of our crowd. Yet, other times a tasty filling will draw you in. Try these to see just which way you prefer! Let me know your favorite.