- 1 package chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 1 jar (17 ounces) butterscotch-caramel ice cream topping
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 3 Heath candy bars (1.4 ounces each), chopped
- Prepare and bake cake according to package directions, using a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Cool on a wire rack.
- Using the handle of a wooden spoon, poke holes in cake. Pour 3/4 cup caramel topping into holes. Spoon remaining caramel over cake. Top with whipped topping. Sprinkle with candy. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving. Yield: 15 servings.
Reviews for Toffee Poke Cake
Sort By :
"This is a delicious cake! We brought it to a friend's house and they loved it."
"This is an easy, delicious, go to desert that my family loves. I buy the bags of chopped Heath Bars for even more ease!"
"I have made this for years except it has been called Better Than Sex Cake. We've always used a German Chocolate Cake mix and then pour a can of sweetened condensed milk and then either the butterscotch caramel, caramel or hot fudge topping over the top and into the holes. Let set either overnight or 6-8 hrs. Put whipped topping and toffee bits on the top and serve. Always a hit!"
"This is the best and easiert chocolate cake to make ever! I used a german chocolate cake mix and extra creamy cool whip. Could not find caramel-butterscotch topping so I chose caramel. Not a big fan of Heath Bars but, once they are crushed and put on cake they are a bit less likely to stick to teeth. Everyone at the party commented on how good it looked. The kids spotted it prior to dinner and surprise, surprise it was all we could do to get them to eat their meal. They wanted cake!!! I will make this over and over!"