- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 large egg
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 package English toffee bits (10 ounces) or almond brickle chips (7-1/2 ounces)
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, mix flour and confectioners' sugar; cut in butter until mixture is crumbly.
- Press into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake 15 minutes. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix egg, milk and vanilla. Fold in toffee bits and pecans. Spoon over crust. Bake 24-26 minutes or until golden brown. Refrigerate until firm. Cut into bars. Yield: 3 dozen.
Reviews for Toffee Pecan Bars
"So delicious. These are my husbands favorite. One tip I would give is to be sure to heavily butter your pan or you will have a very difficult time getting the bars out of the pan. Even better, I like to line the baking pan with aluminum foil or parchment paper so that you can easily lift the bars right out of the pan. I like this method the best."
"This is one of our family favorites. We enjoy these bars more than pecan pie. Make them just as the recipe states and your family will love them too."
"These are easy, good - nice recipe to have in your recipe box."
"This is so good and simple - turned out like the picture and everyone loved the flavor..."
"These are WONDERFUL - The folks at the office devored them so fast, I only got one piece!"
"THESE ARE AWESOME! Easy to make & taste GREAT! I used 8oz pkg of toffee bits with about 4oz of butterscotch chips!! AWESOME!!"
"these look scrumptious!!"