Toffee Pecan Bars Recipe
Curl up with a hot cup of coffee and one of these treats from Gibsonia, Pennsylvania's Dianna Croskey. The golden topping and flaky crust give way to the heartwarming taste of old-fashioned pecan pie.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 package English toffee bits (10 ounces) or almond brickle chips (7-1/2 ounces)
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, combine the flour and sugar; cut in butter until the mixture is crumbly.
- Press into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the egg, milk and vanilla. Fold in toffee bits and pecans.
- Spoon over crust. Bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown. Chill until firm before cutting. Yield: 3 dozen.
Originally published as Toffee Pecan Bars in Quick Cooking May/June 2001, p59
Reviews for Toffee Pecan Bars(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review