Toffee-Pear Crisp Bread Pudding Recipe
- 1-3/4 cups 2% milk
- 1 cup butterscotch-caramel ice cream topping
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 large eggs
- 4 cups cubed day-old French bread
- 2 cups sliced peeled fresh pears (about 2 medium)
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup cold butter
- 1/3 cup English toffee bits
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a small saucepan, combine milk, caramel topping, butter, cinnamon and ginger. Cook and stir over medium-low heat until butter is melted. Remove from heat.
- 2. Whisk eggs in a large bowl; gradually whisk in a third of the milk mixture. Stir in remaining milk mixture. Add bread; stir to coat. Let stand 10 minutes. Gently stir in pears; transfer to a greased 11x7-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, 20 minutes.
- 3. Meanwhile, for topping, in a small bowl, combine flour and brown sugar; cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in toffee bits; sprinkle over bread pudding. Bake, uncovered, 20-25 minutes longer or until puffed, golden and a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12 servings.
1 serving: 331 calories, 14g fat (8g saturated fat), 67mg cholesterol, 260mg sodium, 48g carbohydrate (30g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein
Reviews for Toffee-Pear Crisp Bread Pudding
"All I can say is....."PHENOMENAL""
"I plan to make this with apples for a new slant on apple crisp. I'm thinking just about any fruit would be great to use for this yummy-sounding recipe?"
"Fantastic ! Turned out perfect.Simple , easy, perfect for Fall. I'll be making this all the time-what a great idea."