Toffee-Pear Crisp Bread Pudding Recipe
My son loves pear crisp, but one night I was making bread pudding. He asked if I could make both. I compromised by combining two desserts into this one dish. It's absolutely fantastic!Kurt Wait, Redwood City, California
- 1-3/4 cups 2% milk
- 1 cup butterscotch-caramel ice cream topping
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs, beaten
- 4 cups cubed day-old French bread
- 2 cups sliced peeled fresh pears
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup cold butter
- 1/3 cup English toffee bits
- In a small saucepan, combine the milk, caramel topping and butter. Cook and stir over medium-low heat until butter is melted; add cinnamon and ginger. Stir a small amount of mixture into eggs; return all to the pan, stirring constantly.
- Place bread cubes in a large bowl; gently stir in milk mixture. Let stand for 10 minutes. Gently stir in pears; transfer to a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine flour and brown sugar; cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in toffee bits.
- Sprinkle flour mixture over dish. Bake 20-25 minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean and pears are tender. Cool for 10 minutes before serving. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Toffee-Pear Crisp Bread Pudding in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2010, p146
Reviews for Toffee-Pear Crisp Bread Pudding(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review