Toffee Oat Cookies Recipe
"A friend shared this delicious recipe with me," writes Jean Andrea from Burkesville, Kentucky. The crisp yet chewy cookies are bound to satisfy big and little kids alike, "They're a hit wherever I take them," Jean adds.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 10 min./batch YIELD:24 servings
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2-1/4 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 package English toffee bits (10 ounces) or almond brickle chips (7-1/2 ounces)
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, oats, baking soda, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in toffee bits.
- 2. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 1 minute before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Yield: about 4 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 250 calories, 11 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 37 mg cholesterol, 252 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC