- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2-1/4 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 package English toffee bits (10 ounces) or almond brickle chips (7-1/2 ounces)
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, oats, baking soda, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in toffee bits.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 1 minute before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Yield: about 4 dozen.
Reviews for Toffee Oat Cookies
Sort By :
"My family really likes these cookies. After reading the reviews I'm going to try some of the changes and see how we like them."
"good but not my thing"
"I used 1/2 c unsalted butter and 1/4 c light butter, 8 oz English toffee bits, 1 c semi-sweet chocolate chips, and 1/2 c pecan halves, chopped and toasted. I chilled the batter before shaping and baking. I got 60 cookies total. The batches cooked 9 minutes (slightly undercooked) tasted best."
"I made these cookies for a youth group function and they were gobbled up! When I make them again, I think I will let the dough chill a little because the cookies spread a bit more than I would like. They were delicious though!"
"These have nice flavor. Crisp on the edge, soft in the center make them a good balance. Will definitely make again"