Toffee Oat Cookies Recipe
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2-1/4 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 package English toffee bits (10 ounces) or almond brickle chips (7-1/2 ounces)
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, oats, baking soda, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in toffee bits.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 1 minute before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Yield: about 4 dozen.
Reviews for Toffee Oat Cookies(4)
Sort By :
I made these cookies for a youth group function and they were gobbled up! When I make them again, I think I will let the dough chill a little because the cookies spread a bit more than I would like. They were delicious though!
These have nice flavor. Crisp on the edge, soft in the center make them a good balance. Will definitely make again
My mom makes these cookies nearly every time we go camping. She makes one minor change and substitutes the toffee bits for butterscotch chips. We have nicknamed these cookies "bear cookies" because they were once stolen by a bear cub off our picnic table. We later found the container, but the cookies were all gone!
Very good. Didn't have plain toffe bits on hand but used chocolate covered toffee bits instead.