Toffee Mocha Dessert
"Angel food cake takes on richness and bold flavor in this special treat," pens Jean Ecos of Waukesha, Wisconsin.
16-20 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 prepared angel food cake (8 to 10 ounces), cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3/4 cup brewed coffee, cooled
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup chocolate syrup
- 2 to 4 tablespoons sugar
- 2 cups whipped topping
- 2 Heath bars (1.4 ounces each), crushed
- Additional Heath bars, optional
- Place cake cubes in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. dish. Add coffee and
- toss lightly.
- In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese, chocolate syrup and sugar
- until smooth. Fold in whipped topping. Spread over cake. Sprinkle
- with crushed Heath bars.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Garnish with additional
- Heath bars if desired. Yield: 16-20 servings.