"Angel food cake takes on richness and bold flavor in this special treat," pens Jean Ecos of Waukesha, Wisconsin.
- 1 prepared angel food cake (8 to 10 ounces), cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3/4 cup brewed coffee, cooled
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup chocolate syrup
- 2 to 4 tablespoons sugar
- 2 cups whipped topping
- 2 Heath bars (1.4 ounces each), crushed
- Additional Heath bars, optional
- Place cake cubes in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. dish. Add coffee and toss lightly.
- In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese, chocolate syrup and sugar until smooth. Fold in whipped topping. Spread over cake. Sprinkle with crushed Heath bars.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Garnish with additional Heath bars if desired. Yield: 16-20 servings.
Originally published as Toffee Mocha Dessert in Taste of Home April/May 1999, p8
Reviews for Toffee Mocha Dessert
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review