Toffee Mocha Cupcakes Recipe
Chocolate, toffee and espresso make a mouthwatering concoction in this recipe from Brenda Melancon of Baton Rouge, Louisiana. The yummy sweets are perfect for any party or gathering. Make plenty, they'll go fast!
- 2 tablespoons instant espresso granules
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup butter-flavored shortening
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk chocolate toffee bits
- 1 can (16 ounces) vanilla frosting
- 2 teaspoons instant espresso granules
- 1/3 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup milk chocolate toffee bits
- 1. Dissolve espresso granules in boiling water; cool.
- 2. In a large bowl, cream shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with espresso mixture and mix well. Fold in toffee bits.
- 3. Fill paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 350° for 20-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
- 4. In a large bowl, combine frosting and espresso granules. Frost cupcakes; sprinkle with chocolate chips and toffee bits. Yield: 16 cupcakes.
1 serving (1 each) equals 422 calories, 19 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 42 mg cholesterol, 302 mg sodium, 59 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Toffee Mocha Cupcakes
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC