Toffee Mocha Cupcakes Recipe
- 2 tablespoons instant espresso granules
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup butter-flavored shortening
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1-3/4 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk chocolate toffee bits
- 1 can (16 ounces) vanilla frosting
- 2 teaspoons instant espresso granules
- 1/3 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup milk chocolate toffee bits
- Dissolve espresso granules in boiling water; cool.
- In a large bowl, cream shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with espresso mixture and mix well. Fold in toffee bits.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 350° for 20-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
- In a large bowl, combine frosting and espresso granules. Frost cupcakes; sprinkle with chocolate chips and toffee bits. Yield: 16 cupcakes.
Reviews for Toffee Mocha Cupcakes(9)
Sort By :
These are the best cupcakes I have ever made! The coffee chocolate combination is just right and absolutely delicious!!
OH my gosh!!! These were so moist and delicious!
THESE WERE AWESOME!!! Since I am against buying pre-maid icing, I made my own and just added a tsp of espresso powder and it was Rockin!! LOVE THESE and can't wait to make them again
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Birthday Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cake Recipes >
- Cakes >
- Chocolate Cake Recipes >
- Chocolate Chip Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Cupcake Recipes >
- Cupcakes >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Homemade Cupcakes >