Toffee-Mocha Cream Torte Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup baking cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/2 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- 1 teaspoon hot water
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 6 Heath candy bars (1.4 ounces each), crushed, divided
- Preheat oven to 350° . In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk, beating well after each addition. Dissolve coffee in water; stir into batter.
- Pour into three greased and floured 9-in. round baking pans. Bake 16-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- For topping, dissolve coffee in water in a large bowl; cool. Add cream and brown sugar. Beat until stiff peaks form. Place bottom cake layer on a serving plate; top with 1-1/3 cups of topping. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup of crushed candy bars. Repeat layers twice. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Toffee-Mocha Cream Torte(9)
Sort By :
I've been making this cake for several years now and always get compliments on it. I sometimes use a German Chocolate Cake recipe for the cake portion, and use toffee bits and mini chocolate chips in place of the Heath candy bars. I also substitute powdered cocoa (about 2 teaspoons) for the coffee granules in the topping, as I don't care for the taste of coffee. I guess that makes it more of a Chocolate Toffee Cream cake...but people always ask for more!
The day I tried this recipe I swore that this was the most delicious cake I had ever tasted. It was moist, chocolaty, and the topping was not too sweet. I need to try this recipe at least once. It will surely become one of your favorite to serve your family.
Definitely one of my favorites!!
This is about the best cake I've ever had. Worth the time and expense.
I use the Heath Bar chunks that come in a bag like chocolate chips. This is one of my favorite recipes....better than delicious!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Birthday Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cake Recipes >
- Cakes >
- Chocolate Cake Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Grand Prize Winning Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Dessert Recipes >