- beating well after each addition. Dissolve coffee in water; stir
- into batter.
- Pour into three greased and floured 9-in. round baking pans. Bake
- 16-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes
- out clean. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks
- to cool completely.
- For topping, dissolve coffee in water in a large bowl; cool. Add
- cream and brown sugar. Beat until stiff peaks form. Place bottom
- cake layer on a serving plate; top with 1-1/3 cups of topping.
- Sprinkle with 1/2 cup of crushed candy bars. Repeat layers twice.
- Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 487 calories, 28 g fat (17 g saturated fat), 113 mg cholesterol, 403 mg sodium, 56 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.