- water; stir into batter.
- Pour into three greased and floured 9-in. round baking pans. Bake at
- 350° for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the
- center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from
- pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- For filling, in a large bowl, dissolve coffee granules in hot water.
- Add cream and brown sugar; beat until stiff peaks form.
- Place bottom cake layer on a serving plate. Spread with 1-1/3 cups
- filling; sprinkle with 1/2 cup toffee bits. Repeat layers twice.
- Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice equals 644 calories, 38 g fat (23 g saturated fat), 145 mg cholesterol, 503 mg sodium, 71 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 7 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.