Toffee Meringue Drops Recipe
The original recipe called for mini chocolate chips and crushed peppermint candy. I didn't have those ingredients on hand so I substituted toffee bits. Everyone loved the tasty results!—Bette Richards, Caledonia, Ontario
- 2 egg whites
- 1/8 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate English toffee bits
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1. Preheat oven to 250°. In a large bowl, beat egg whites and cream of tartar on medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually add sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating on high until stiff glossy peaks form and sugar is dissolved, about 6 minutes. Fold in toffee bits and pecans.
- 2. Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Bake 25-30 minutes or until set and dry. Turn oven off; leave cookies in oven 1 hour.
- 3. Cool completely on pans on wire racks. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 3 dozen.
1 cookie equals 39 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 16 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1/2 starch.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC