The original recipe called for mini chocolate chips and crushed peppermint candy. I didn't have those ingredients on hand so I substituted toffee bits. Everyone loved the tasty results!—Bette Richards, Caledonia, Ontario
- 2 egg whites
- 1/8 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate English toffee bits
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 250°. In a large bowl, beat egg whites and cream of tartar on medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually add sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating on high until stiff glossy peaks form and sugar is dissolved, about 6 minutes. Fold in toffee bits and pecans.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Bake 25-30 minutes or until set and dry. Turn oven off; leave cookies in oven 1 hour.
- Cool completely on pans on wire racks. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 3 dozen.
Originally published as Toffee Meringue Drops in Taste of Home Christmas Annual
Reviews for Toffee Meringue Drops
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review