- 2 large egg whites
- 1/8 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate English toffee bits
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 250°. In a large bowl, beat egg whites and cream of tartar on medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually add sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating on high until stiff glossy peaks form and sugar is dissolved, about 6 minutes. Fold in toffee bits and pecans.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Bake 25-30 minutes or until set and dry. Turn oven off; leave cookies in oven 1 hour.
- Cool completely on pans on wire racks. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 3 dozen.
Reviews for Toffee Meringue Drops
"They tasted very nice, however they were a bit chewy in the middle. The toffee and nuts add nice flavour to the cookies!"
"These are wonderful cookies and a great way to use up egg whites. They didn't last long!"
"These are fantastic. Like another poster, I used 1/2 mini chocolate chips and 1/2 toffee bits. I doubled the recipe and ended up with PERFECT meringues. They were much lighter than the ones pictured. I probably ended up with three dozen when I doubled it, so less than the recipe calls for. I used a small cookie scoop to drop them. Fantastic recipe."
"my cookies turned out tough and too chewy. I did use powdered egg mix so that might be the problem. Super easy to make, hope yours turn out better!"
"Good but only got 20 cookies, very crumbly so probably will not make again."