Toffee Ice Cream Dessert
"A lady at my church gave me the recipe for this yummy frozen treat," recalls Sharon Pavlikowski of Virginia Beach, Virginia. "I make it for my husband's luncheons at work, and the dish comes home empty every time!"
A great dessert for a gathering any time of year, it can be prepared ahead and stored in the freezer.
12-15 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 package (10 ounces) butter cookies, crushed (3 cups crumbs)
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup cold milk
- 2 packages (3.4 ounces each) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 Heath candy bars (1.4 ounces each), crushed
- In a small bowl, combine cookie crumbs and butter. Press into a
- 13-in. x 9-in. dish; refrigerate.
- In a bowl, whisk milk and pudding mixes for 2 minutes. Fold in ice
- cream. Spread over crust. Top with whipped topping. Cover and
- refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Sprinkle with crushed candy bars
- before serving. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 309 calories, 18 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 38 mg cholesterol, 281 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.